The New Normal & our promise to you
Our promise to you – our clients, community and team – is to deliver a safe, responsible and professional service with your wellbeing at heart.
For a time, our client experience will be different. But our pledge to create beautiful, bespoke hairstyling remains the same.
Appointments & Services
- Service times have been extended and some are temporarily suspended to allow us to offer a fair and hygienic service to all clients.
- A 50% booking confirmation payment is required, returnable with a min 48hrs notice of rescheduling or cancellation.
- For a time, a nominal surcharge will be applied to your bill to contribute towards covering our increased costs.
- Only NHS and student discounts are currently available.
The Booking Process
- We’ve extended our opening hours and are working in split teams, so some of the faces you’re used to seeing may not be there during your visit.
- An appointments-only system means a smooth arrival and experience in-salon. Walk-ins available on consultation.
- You’ll get a pre-appointment text with a link to this page to remind you of our new policies.
- We ask everyone to wear a mask or face covering to visit the salon. Please consider that masks will be in close proximity to products and especially for colour services, we’d recommend the use of a disposable mask. Masks are available for purchase.
Arriving for your Appointment
- If you develop either a cough, fever or notice a change in your sense of smell/taste, DO NOT VISIT. Give us a call and we’ll reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive on time and alone where possible – for your safety and social distancing, our waiting capacity will be restricted.
- Late arrivals will not be seen but will be charged.
- When you arrive, you’ll be asked to use the sanitiser at the entrance. Sanitisers are positioned at every work station for your reassurance.
- You’ll place any personal items in a freshly-cleaned box when you arrive and while enjoying your service, please keep smaller items in your pocket.
- A complimentary online magazine library is available to browse.
- For a time, we’re only able to serve citrus or cucumber water, but we’ve teamed-up with our neighbour Wolfox to provide organic teas & coffees with a 25% discount. You may also bring your own.
- All gowns, towels, masks, gloves and other PPE is single-use for your safety and confidence.
- A maximum of 6 clients will be in-salon at any time, split across 3 floors.
- All workstations and tools are sanitised using NHS-approved anti-bacterial sprays and wipes.
- Our team will be wearing face masks. Stylists will also be wearing visors throughout your service.
- If you’d like to purchase the bespoke products advised by your personal stylist, please ask one of our team and we’ll be happy to prepare them for you.
- We aren’t taking cash payments and would prefer contactless payment where possible.
- We can’t accept tips on behalf of our team, but they can still be tipped in cash directly by you if you wish.
At SWH, we are incredibly grateful for the support of our friends, family and community in what continues to be a challenging time for us all.
It has also been a time for rest, reflection, and rediscovery that we hope will mean we all move forward in a healthier, more fulfilling way. Our community has always been central to our salon ethos. And we hope that you understand why these changes have been necessary and that it is the wellbeing of our friends, clients and team that continue to be our motivation and our passion.
We wouldn’t be here without you.
Simon, Sophie & SWH Team